It’s been a long time since I’ve updated my Tumblr, sorry about that. I’ve had my time consumed with finishing a 2nd build for Nova, planning a possible sequel (which is an entire blog post on it’s own) and working on a separate project (which has yet to be announced).

So far on Nova I have all of the bugs finished and I should have a second build ready for download before the weekend gets here. A few changes I’ve made were:

  • Made the Juggernaut class stronger
  • Nerfed the High Dragon
  • When you level up you allot 5 points instead of 3
  • Edited the store values (5 instead of 3)

The only bug that remains is one I cannot find nor fix, that is where you select one monster and it gives you another. It only occurs in the later stages of the game when you are about to fight the High Dragon. Sadly this bug must remain but I assure you that it will not remain in future titles.

Hello,

As you all may not know my Text-based RPG called Nova was written in Python 2.7 and since then, due to other projects, I updated Python to 3.x.x — As many of you may not know, Python 3.0.0 provided many updates to the syntax. Thus is doing so, I am forced to update and re-organize the source for Nova Alpha_04 and push back the release until further notice.

Alpha_04 will be the final Python release.

On the other hand, I am rebuilding Nova in Java (Java > Python) and have created only the menu system that has yet to be functional, but is practical. From here I will rebuild Alpha_01 and take proper steps in reaching the progress of Alpha_04 and beyond.

Development on my Text-based RPG, Nova, has been suspended due to Humans vs Zombies (HvZ). HvZ is only a week long event and I am proud to say that I am one of the zombie horde. During this week I will be very busy doing missions around my campus and doing schoolwork. I won’t have time to work on any new features or patch any fixes. I will let everyone know when development begins again.

I’ve since started work on Nova Alpha_04 and thought I would share some of the ideas I was going to add into the mix:

  • Complete the leveling system
  • Level cap at 10 for now
  • Add a basic store
  • Fix a few minor bugs
  • Add a new monster(s)
  • Possible new area
  • alter and rework the battle algorithms

Those are just a few of the things I will be adding within the next few weeks

There was a bug is Alpha_03.1 that didn’t allow the player to flee battle. This has since been fixed and is ready for compile and release tomorrow evening.

Nova Alpha_03.1 has been released after a few issues were found and weeded out:

  • The reset command was invalid
  • Fixed experience point bug
  • Added Gold

Happy playing!

http://www.richyoungs.co.cc/nova.html

Hi Everyone,

I’m know some of you have played my Alpha demo of Nova and I would like to say to you all, Thank You for playing. I’ve received feedback and I’m currently structuring another Alpha release around that.

One of the many things that was mentioned was the battle system. Continually typing “atk” or “attack” during battles was a bit tedious and boring. I’ve designed an updated battle system where the the battle happens automatically in front of you.

Along with the mentioned update I also plan on using stats to track your level, gold, experience, current weapon, health, etc.

This update won’t be uploaded for at least another month as I am still designing most of the major commands.

On a side note I am still working on the Android release for Nova — Alpha 0.2 currently runs well on Android 2.1 and above, but due to major changes in the code for Alpha 0.3 we have hit a snag in Android development, but none-the-less I will release 1.0 for Android.

I think everyone who has played the first Alpha demo (0.2) will love the way that 0.3 will feel when it gets released.

Hi Everyone,

I made some major changes to my project, now called “Project: Nova” as it will no longer be called “Mage’s Blade”. That name constantly angered me when I thought about it. Also along with the name change I also changed the language. I was creating the game in C++ but I’ve changed the language to Python. This seemed like a logical choice to make as Python is a language that I know better than C++. I will, however port the game back over when it is finished.

Along with the change of the language and name is the coming of a website. I will be posting a website for a download link of builds and future projects. I have a rough (very rough) build of the game as it will be and act.

I will be building a website soon and I will post the link to that website as soon as I have purchased one and have it hosted.